FullyRaw Kristina shares this extremely helpful recipe for those coffee lovers that are looking to cut out the caffeine to enjoy a more balanced energy level without the crashes or “lows”. Be aware that serious addicts will likely experience some withdrawal or detox symptoms such as headache and/or lethargy. But you will definitely recover, and you will feel lighter, fresher, and more liberated.
- Breville juicer
- Vitamix or Blendtec blender
- Coffee cup(s)
- 1-2 cups of coconut water
- 5-10 pitted dates
- ¼ cup carob powder
- a few fresh peppermint leaves
- a small vanilla bean or a few drops of vanilla extract (without alcohol)
- a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- fresh almond milk (make your own with the following instructions)
Almond milk creamer:
Run 1 ½ cups of soaked raw almonds through a slow juicer (or blend with a Vitamix and strain with an almond milk bag). Run through juicer with water or if you want it to be sweeter, use coconut water instead.