Everyone loves falafels! But most falafels are made with poor ingredients and then deep-fried, which creates additional harmful toxins. Thanks to Megan Elizabeth for her healthy (mostly-raw) version of this Mediterranean classic!
Ingredients (for falafel balls)
- 3/4 cup raw Sunflower seeds (soaked and dried)
- 2 cups carrot chunks
- 1/2 cup scallions (green onions)
- teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- sesame seeds
Additional Ingredients (for the wrap)
- romaine or butter lettuce
- red cabbage
- chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame tahini
- 1 tablesoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
Blend the first 7 ingredients in a food processor. Then make some little balls and dip in the sesame seeds such that the sesame seeds stick to the outside of the balls making them less sticky. Put in the refrigerator for about an hour (optional).
Use the leaves of a red cabbage as a pita bread, fill with lettuce, tomato, cilantro and your falafel balls. Add a dressing of blended tahini, water and lime juice.