In this beautiful video, Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram will inspire you to love yourself, reward yourself, forgive yourself. Deep down, we all want to be healthy, but we must be understanding of our human flaws… if ever we give in to the temptation of unhealthy food, self-forgiveness and self-love is a much healthier response than feeling guilty, weak or broken. Here are some of Kristina’s suggestions for getting back to good health as quickly as possible:
- Take responsibility: Others may have tempted you but ultimately your own decisions will lead you to either wellness or illness.
- Make a list that includes your most profound reasons for wanting to get healthier.
- Meditate on these innermost desires to bring back the spark that will ignite you into positive action
- Surround yourself with inspiring people and find or create a supportive community
- Have fun in the kitchen, making delicious recipes alone or with a loved one
- Stay informed through articles, books and documentaries
- Use the buddy system for getting healthy together
- A supervised fast can clean out your system prior to returning to a healthy raw diet
- Move your body for 30 minutes per day or more
- Reward yourself with healthy food. Recognise that unhealthy food is more of a punishment than a reward.
- Volunteer in your community. Giving feels great.
- Be humble, gentle, understanding and patient with yourself
- Make a plan for your meals and exercise
- Inspire yourself frequently by leaving notes-to-self all over your home
GIVE THE LOVE YOU WANT TO RECEIVE
This is crucial, since it is the love that we give that nourishes us the most. Each of us came to this world to provide a service. When we give the service that we came to give, we are living our dream, and following our mission. When we follow our mission, our body, mind and spirit function as a team. We feel more balanced when we are more balanced.
A tiny plant will push its tiny leaves above ground to absorb some nourishing sunlight. But the plant does not exist to receive. Its mission is to give… perhaps a nourishing food or a potent medicine or a beautiful, colorful, fragrant flower. Find your mission and give that service to the world.